The Mix Set to “Que Viva Mexico!” During Miami Beach Cinemathque’s Monthly installation/Series “Silents Please”. A Screening of a Silent movie set to a new score. This Set has Special Significance as a merging of the Classic and Modern. MBC’s Monthly Series is Usually Acompanied by a Live Instumentalist/Classical Musician. In November’s Edition MBC invited DJ Maximus 3000 to Provide an all modernist electronic music Score to a remastered screening of Sergei Eisenstien’s Highly Stylized “Que Viva Mexico!” (A combination Documentary/Drama/Commentary on The People and Culture of 1930’s Mexico) DJed Live. To No suprise the Film house and hotbed of art and culture was sold out and packed to the brim with a crosssection of Independent artists, film buffs, electronic music afficiados and the plain curious, in a variety of age ranges.
In the True Spirit of this ONE TIME special “Silents Please!” installation and celebration of Classic Meets Modern , DJ Maximus 3000 Has turned the Live set into a Podcast for the digital world to enjoy bringing the classic avant garde Film piece to 2009 and beyond breathing life back into a certifiable masterpeice with a new “spin” for a new generation.
The Mix In nature has a combination Chill out, Dub, Electronica, Goth, Acid Jazz , New age and Darkwave Textures.
2 Enhanced Podcasts complete with Track listing and Links to buy Music are availble on iTunes for Free for you to Enjoy:
iTunes Link to DJ Maximus 3000’s Podcast Directory:
Or Download/Listen Directly to your PC/Mac:
- Juri Hulkkonen feat. Nick Triani – Science (Ari Brika Mix)
- Juri Hulkkonen feat. Jerry Valuri – Lo Fiction (Alternative Version)
- Juri Hulkkonen – Interstate of Love
- Newcleus – Destination Earth (Juri Hulkkonen mix)
- Juri Hulkkonen – Strange Faith
- Mr. Oizo – Flat 55
- Mr. Oizo – Flatbeat
- Beth Orton – Central Reservation (Ben Watt Mix)
- UNKLE – Lonely Souls
- Future Sound Of London – Papau New Guinea (Dumb Child of Q Mix)
- Waldeck – Aquarius
- Massive Attack – Black Milk
- High Contrast – Racing Green
- Gus Gus – Starlovers
- Gus Gus – Is Jesus your Pal
- Leftfield – 20th Century Poem
- L’ame Immortal – Licht and Schatten (Space Diva Mix)
- Tricky – Pumpkin
- Dead Can Dance – Host of Seraphim (Oakenfold Mix)
- Dead Can Dance – Host of Seraphim
- Maximus 3000 – Seraphims Ghost
- Talvin Singh – Eclipse
- Leftfield – Afro Left
SPECIAL THANKS FOR DANA KEITH AND THE STAFF AT MIAMI BEACH CINEMATHEQUE FOR INVITING ME TO CONDUCT THIS FANTASTIC EXPERIMENT! Stay Tuned for Part 2!
Link to Press Release with More Information on the Night:
Link to a Blurrb in the Miami New Times:
More information about Miami Beach Cinematheque: